Exploring Brisbane should be in your bucket list by now – seriously. If the scenery this city has to offer doesn’t blow your mind, we don’t know what will! From enjoying a Devonshire tea on the veranda of Newstead House to throwing the rug for a picnic at the South Bank Parklands, to getting a dose of cosmic appeal at Brisbane Planetarium to the unlimited wildlife photos (koala selfie anyone?) at our hotel nearby Lone Pine Sanctuary to cheering teams at Suncorp Stadium.
We can go forever, you know, because there are tons of things to do in Brisbane and plenty of scenic stops to see – but let’s introduce you to the top 10 and save some surprises for later!
Sights and attractions nearby Jephson Hotel, Toowong
From the highly rated boutique hotel in Brisbane, Jephson Hotel, you can easily access all 10 of these picturesque and super-fun attractions by bus, train, ferry, bicycle or foot. Stay at our hotel in Toowong and experience the best hotel in Brisbane’s western suburbs while you’re exploring!
Jephson Hotel is the closest ‘hotel and apartment’ style accommodation in Brisbane near the Western Freeway, which offers you an easy access linking Brisbane with the western suburbs and access to the outlying areas of Ipswich, Toowoomba and more, all within 4kms of the city.
So what things to do in Brisbane are nearby? Good question!
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
1. The world’s first and largest Koala sanctuary, the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is located just 6 kilometres from Jephson Hotel. The sanctuary is ideal for nature and animal lovers who would love to take a walk around the peaceful setting of native wildlife up close and personal. Among the many things to do in Brisbane, it’s extremely popular for international visitors and kids!
Events at Suncorp Stadium
2. Next, travel to a rugby match or concert event at the Suncorp Stadium with ease from the hotel then dine at one of the Stadium’s 2,196 state-of-the-art fine dining spaces. Looking for a hotel near Suncorp Stadium? That’s why people choose Jephson Hotel near Suncorp Stadium. Book tickets (if you can) for a State of Origin game – it’s one of many things to do in Brisbane!
Southbank River Walk Trail
3. Luckily, we’re a hotel near Southbank Brisbane. You can discover a range of lush trees and plants from the Rainforest Walk at the South Bank and more via its Clem Jones Promenade for a wonderful, periodically-shaded view of Brisbane River and Brisbane’s CBD along its route. For accommodation near Southbank Parklands, we’re a fast Brisbane bus, train or ferry ride away.
Feeling the heat and humidity? Then definitely put this on your list of things to do in Brisbane!
Mount Coot-tha Scenic Views
4. Hike or drive to the top of Mt. Coot-tha and watch the sun sets over Brisbane as you sip coffee at the Summit Restaurant and scenic lookouts. Among the things to do in Brisbane, this is another must! You’ll gain a new perspective for the size, space, greenery and river, with views from Ipswich to Moreton Island. Luckily, we’re the hotel and accommodation near Mt Coot-tha!
Simpsons Falls Nature Areas
5. Lace up for a quick run or bush walk to Simpson Falls, a 20 minute drive from the City Centre. Okay, so you might not find this on other things to do in Brisbane lists. So we’ll explain. Brisbane is a city of many faces. From concrete to tropical and bushland to agriculture. Visit Simpsons Falls and you’ll appreciate the beautiful bushland – it’s your taste test for other Aussie travels!
Ride Brisbane’s Famous Wheel
6. See the city atop the Wheel of Brisbane at 60 metres high located at the relaxing Southbank Parklands. You’ve done London’s Eye, now circle around Brisbane and experience (we think!) the best views of Brisbane’s skyline at night. Things to do in Brisbane? Yep, this is definitely one. Jephson Hotel is only a few minutes away. You’ll love having a hotel near Southbank Parklands!
Queen Street Mall in the CBD
7. Fill up those shopping bags with a variety of designer labels from a variety of open-air and air-conditioned shopping arcades, malls and luxury and local boutiques at Brisbane’s Queen Street Mall. With fast access by train, bus, car and ferry, for your shopping mission, we’re as easy as any hotel near Queen Street mall. Maybe’s it not amongst your things to do in Brisbane, but if you are needing to shop, definitely get to Queen Street Mall in Brisbane for surprises.
Cruises along Brisbane River
8. Get a breathtaking view of the City from a river ride aboard one of the many river cruises such as Mirimar, River City Cruises or Kookaburra River Queens. This has always been one of the best things to do in Brisbane. Why walk or cycle when you can sit and sip? Order yourself a cold beer, tasty wine or beautiful coffee and see the shape of Brisbane River. As we’re a hotel near Toowong Ferry Terminal, it’s just a short Citycat trip into departure points for cruises.
Stargaze at Brisbane Platerium
9. Bet you didn’t see this on our things to do in Brisbane list. Go star gazing and watch the universe come to life as you gaze endlessly at the Cosmic Skydome at the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. Especially popular amongst kids, modern philosophers and science buffs, it’s also great for something new. For accommodation near Brisbane Planetarium, look no further.
Join a Brisbane Bike Tour
10. And last but not the least, book a Brisbane Bike Tour and gear up for a scenic ride around the City. You’ll see the history of Brisbane, take in the architecture from early settlement days, travel through gardens and skyscrapers and see the beautiful diversity amongst the people. Even if you’re not an avid cycle, these relaxed affairs are one of many things do in Brisbane.
So whatever you’re visiting Brisbane for, there’s something for you. Keen to know more things to do in Brisbane? We’re here to help you anytime!